And we’re eating scampi again!
We have discovered this great store where they sell frozen scampi from UK. They taste delicious and are much cheaper than fresh ones bought on the market. The price varies depending on the size of the scampi. And it’s funny that the main ‘measure’ is how many shrimps are there in one kilo.
Read below the recipe for this delicious scampi soup.
Ingredients for six servings:
1/2 kg (1.1 lb) of scampi (with shells)
2 dcl (6.8 oz) of sour cream
How to prepare it:
1. Wash scampi under water and take the meat out of the shells.
2. Melt the butter in a smaller saucepan. Fry 6 scampi (meat) on the butter and put aside. They will be used later as decoration.
3. Put olive oil and scampi shells in a cooking pot and fry them. Stir occasionally until they are pink on the outside, approximately 5 minutes. Add 2.5 dcl of cognac and flame it.
4. Add water, vegetable stock cube, two carrots and celery and let the stock cook.
5. Put olive oil and chopped onion in cooking pot and saute.
6. Add the rest of scampi meat, boiled carrots and celery, a little bit of saffron and the juice of one lemon.
7. Add the stock and mix with stick blender.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Add sour cream. And that’s it!
If you like thicker soups, add corn starch.
Serve in deep plates with one peeled scampi in the middle of each plate.
After the soup I served scampi alla busara. You can find the busara recipe here.